There’s a million and one resources for a safe and healthy return to work. Kudos to the essential businesses who have been open through the pandemic have navigated the many resources and means to maintain a safe working environment. The rest of the world is slowly getting back to work under many strict guidelines.
Our primary goal is to provide high quality, industry expertise and recommendations and resources for providing a safe environment in your business after the COVID-19 shut down.
Federal guidelines are available here:
State and local guidelines can be found via your state’s COVID-19 information page. Go to your state’s website and if they have a page specific to COVID-19 information. It will likely be advertised right on their home page. If not, call Connecticut’s COVID-19 information page can be found here:
Here are some specific resources from the State of Connecticut: https://business.ct.gov/Recovery/Top-Business-Downloads.
CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
OSHA guidelines: https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
FacilitiesNet Insights: https://www.facilitiesnet.com/emergencypreparedness/tip/CDC-Guidelines-Target-Reopened-Office-Buildings–46254
Areas of Focus for Facility Managers
- Hazards associated with prolonged shutdown like rodent or pest infestation, stagnant water in systems, and mold.
- Increased Cleaning Requirements – Develop a cleaning plan for infection control. Read our blog on Cleaning and Disinfection, De-mystified.
- Ventilation and HVAC maintenance – Maintain a high indoor air quality through increased ventilation and outdoor air circulation. This overlooked recommendation is easy for a facility or HVAC professional to adjust. As always, don’t forget to change your air filters!
- Space Management – The CDC and government officials continue to encourage and sometimes require social distancing of 6 feet. As a facility manager, pay attention to these requirements and space changes necessary to accommodate changes in traffic flow and person-to-person interaction.
- Provide soap, sanitizer, and other supplies to building occupants so they can practice good personal hygiene.
ONE SOURCE will continue to provide resources to organizations to maintain or reopen safe and clean environments for their employees, vendors, clients, and building occupants.
Please reach out to us with any facility-related question. We can help you with anything from supplemental COVID-19 cleaning to UV light treatment to HVAC preventative maintenance to supply purchasing to general administrative support for your writing papers facility team.
Visit our website to learn more and follow us on Linked In, Instagram, and Facebook to stay up to date.